Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Blanket





I made this baby blanket for my sister in law who had a baby girl this March. This is a classic granny square continued for 22 rounds. I used this wool from Peachey Ethnits. Tiny Tots 50g wool. 5 balls in total-250g, Colour 948 Candy. I was not sure if she was going to have a boy or a girl so I chose this shade as it had blue, pink yellow and green in the wool. You can see it in the picture above.

 
I used DK Bonus wool for the border. I used the colours that featured in the wool. I Double Crocheted all around the border. A row in mint green and a row in yellow. The pink border was crocheted in a picot stitch. Chaining 5 and one DC in the 3 DC and continuing this all the way round. A blue border was intended to be added but I waited to see if it was a boy or girl. As you can see it was unnecessary as she had a beautiful little girl.

Ruqayyah
This image was taken at the hospital the day she was born. Here she is squeezing her tiny little eyes tight because of the flash on the camera.. bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment