Monday, February 21, 2011

Amigurumi Kitten

Hey there. Hope your all keeping well. Thank's for visiting my blog . Just want to share this crochet 'Ami' (Amigurumi) kitten.
I started this project using the kitten pattern in a book by Brigitte Read called 'Super Super cute crochet'. ( I have listed this book in 'Books I recommend' See below). I used this expensive 'Alpaca wool in shade 'Storm'.
http://www.laughinghens.com/knitting-wool-yarn.asp?yarnid=1288 It started off ok and then it turned in to what I can only describe as a grey mess....an expensive grey mess. I spent a couple of hours trying to get the head right. I got so fed up of this project I stuffed it in a bag tried to forget about it.
After about a week I revisited the sad, big headed, grey mess and took pity on it. I assessed where I had left it and decided to stuff it with poly fibre fill to see what it looked like. It didn't look too bad. I unstuffed the kitten's head, added the biggest safety eyes I had. I wanted to give the kitten green eyes but didn't have any green eyes big enough. The nose was embroidered using normal black Dk wool. I sewed the paws and tail on after rolling poly fibre fill around pipe cleaners. ( Pipe cleaners in the limbs help when you wish to pose your ami project).
The detail of the whiskers and pads on the feet were added on last.



I think it turned out pretty cute and my perseverance paid off.... eventually. :D !

5 comments:

  1. Nargis, this is so good, well done!

    And here I am, still stuck doing granny squares :/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, Thanks so much. So glad you like it. Finally finished it! Keep up the grannies..you must be nearly there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, love the whiskers lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! More than paid off I think. Can't show this to the children or they'll be demanding I do something similar. x

    ReplyDelete